Previously I purchased no-contract T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 925 from Newegg and after few months T-Mobile unlocked it.
Lumia 925 has a nice camera and has all the bands for AT&T including LTE bands. So I wanted to test it for sure. Following is the steps to configure the APN for internet and MMS settings.
Input the straight talk AT&T sim into the Nokia Lumia 925 and restart the phone.
By default, you will be able to place the calls and send text messages, but internet and mms will not work. It will say 4G on the top notification bar but internet and mms will not work.
So we have to configure the APN settings to get internet and mms working. Before you do the following steps, make sure you installed the updates.
- Go to Settings
- select Access Point as below
- Click on Add to add a new APN.
- Set the connection name to tfdata and Access Point Name to tfdata
- Scroll down to set the MMS APN settings
- Click on the Save icon
- It will take you back to the previous screen showing the list of APNs. It will show AT&T as active
- Click on tfdata APN to make it active.
- Now reboot the phone.
- You will see LTE on the top notification bar
- Thats it and try going the internet and re-install the speedtest app and test your LTE speed.